Tuesday 6 August 2013

Introducing my European Tour...

Last Saturday, my family and I returned home after a ten day trip which took us through four of some of the most stunning and breathtaking (sometimes literally!) spots of Europe. From the scenic Austrian mountains, to the heaving beer festival of the German Hofbräuhaus, to the uniquely enchanting water-city of Venice, and finally settling with family friends on the banks of a picturesque lake on the edge of the Italian alps. I'm lucky enough to have been on many family holidays in the past, all memorable in their own right (touring Greece last year and seeing the Parthenon - for example), but I reckon this one will remain up there with the best of them for many, many years to come ;)
Reasons include (well, reason. There's one big one) - I can safely say I've successfully ticked off ridiculous amounts of wishes off my mental bucket list for such a short time! White water rafting, almost getting chucked out of the Hofbräuhaus for dancing on the benches, getting up first time when water-skiing, getting more drunk than I know I've ever been, getting a water-taxi through the canals of Venice,
dancing 'in hold' to live German music with a real Austrian-dancing-man, seeing glass-making in Murano in Venice, having a full hair-washing shower in an outside shower, touring St Mark's Basilica, and the list goes on!
But with ups, of course, come downs, and these may have consisted of helping an argumentative drunken sister to bed, finding a hole in my favourite bikini, drunkenly falling on my bum without knowing how I got there, finding our friends' boat half sunk in the harbor after a storm, and getting that beautiful (not) yearly sunburn of mine (with extra awful tan lines!). However, as usual (and especially in this case), the bad outweighed good by 87 thousand tonnes (in the form of one hired speedboat, two free mini-bars full of Austrian alcohol, mountains of Bratwurst sausages, and topped up by the volume of stupidly strong cocktails served in the Austrian village of Mayrhofen)!
I even had time to write bits of travel posts for my blog in amoungst all the madness! Not a massive amount, so over the next week or two I'll have to conjure up most of the description of the events from memory, I will try my best for you lovely lot! And so it begins... The story of ten terrific travelling days...

oh and don't forget to tell me what you think of my posts by using the little 'love/like/ok/dislike' tick-boxes at the bottom of each post pleeeaassseee! :D Cheers ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment